Before you travel it is important to be aware of any potential safety hazards and security risks. Please read the latest advisory websites for your home country before departing to ensure you are fully informed
If you have any particular safety concerns about your travel please do not hesitate to contact us.
Travel Safety Advice Websites
General Safety Advice
- One of the benefits of traveling with a group is the increased level of safety. However, any travel has risks attached so it is important to be prepared to ensure a safe and problem-free trip.
- Get travel insurance. Visit our travel insurance page for information about how much cover you need and where you can buy travel insurance.
- Make copies of all your travel documents (passport, tickets, itineraries, insurance) and either leave them at home with someone you trust in case of emergency.
- Carry a copy of your passport with you wherever you go and keep your original passport in a safe place, such as the hotel security box.
- Provide your emergency contact details to Indo Discovery Travel.
- Take care of your health needs in advance of travel – consider prescriptions, vaccinations, dental care, mosquito repellent, glasses/contact lenses and any other ongoing issues you may need to deal with as you travel.
- Remember to be very careful with your personal belongings (ie: passport, tickets, etc), and only take them out with you if it is necessary – otherwise leave them in the hotel safety deposit box.
- If you are venturing out alone, let someone at your hotel know where you’ll be going and when you can be expected to return. Always know the name of the hotel we are staying and take one of the hotel business cards from reception so you can easily return by taxi.